In the vision up to 2020, the Euregion:
- Has a sustainable economic motor that is vital and robust.
- Reduced its dependence on oil and
- Prospers and has a much improved environment.
We expect measurable results:
- Most inhabitants of Limburg have driven an electric vehicle by 2020.
- 30% of the 1,1 million Limburgers (status 2011) have bought electric vehicles.
- Limburgers drive short distances up to 50 kilometer with electric vehicles.
- Infrastructure has been established in cities and green regions in-between. It is accepted as a normal part of the street furniture.
- Required energy for electric vehicles is produced locally and in a sustainable way.
- The green heart in Limburg has gained attraction for tourists and companies that consider starting activities in the region.
The foundation has been a successful link in the execution of this vision after its start in Fall 2011.